Holiday reading

In Year 4, we are creating a reading display to help inspire people to read different books. Can you think about your favourite book and choose one quote from it that you think will encourage other children to read it? We will be adding these to our reading display.
Have it ready by the first day of next term. You can comment here to record it.

6 thoughts on “Holiday reading

1. I have only just finished my In to the woods book by Lyn Gardner and it includes a mix of fairy tales. It also includes a magical pipe that Dr DeWilde wants to steal from Aurora, Storm and Any. They all go on adventures on ice, hills and forests.Their mother died and their father ran away so nobody looks after them.

• That sounds like a very exciting book. Can you find a quote from the book which you think will encourage others to read it?

2. Awful Auntie by David Walliams

The handle turned and slowly the door was pushed open. The bedroom was dark, but the hallway was light, so at first all the girl could see was a silhouette.

3. I like all the Dino FC books by Keith Brumpton. My favourite is The Unlucky Striker. But Velociraptor Bay had a well-drilled defence and held on for their 1-0 win. “If Archie keeps playing like a pair of Marcus’s old pants then I’m still in with a chance of being DPA Player of the season,” announced Steggy to no one in particular.

4. I like the witches. Roald Dahl wrote ‘My chest was bursting. I opened my mouth to get one big breath of air and as I did so, the grand high witch poured the hole contents of the little bottle down my throat!’

5. Boy in a dress by David Walliams.
    Dennis’s heart was beating really fast -he wanted to say “yes” but he couldn’t. He just couldn’t. This was all a bit much…..